At the end of April 2019, WorleyParsons combined with Jacobs Energy, Chemicals and Resources (ECR) division, to create Worley.
Together, we are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers.
Our exciting combination will create new opportunities for you to join us.
We are seeking a Project Manager (Electrical), with approximately 5-15 years of experience, to provide support to our Mining, Minerals, and Metals team on various industrial projects. An experienced project manager and/or project engineer in the heavy industrial industry; preferably, mining and/or oil and gas. Responsibilities include project management, project engineering, team management, due diligence support, design support, field inspections and verifications, as well as preparation of engineering reports. Candidate must be highly motivated, customer focused, work well in a team environment, and passionate about building a local, sustaining capital business. Candidate should also have the ability to manage a heavy workload, travel locally for short periods of time, and be on-call as needed. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, client interaction and organizational skills are required. The project manager will help to meet the everincreasing global demand for metals and minerals products. Each day, candidate will have the opportunity to utilize technical skills as well as collaborate with our regional engineering staff to support process projects in mining, minerals, and metals engineering markets. Position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Responsible for managing engineering design support of small to large heavy industrial projects. Researches, develops, and supports the designs a variety of electrical and controls equipment, facilities, components, and systems for industrial purposes.
Experience working in heavy industrial environments required. This position does require field verifications in heavy industrial facilities.
Develop proposals and project scopes for industrial projects, work-hour estimates, scheduling and coordination in collaboration with management, sales, project delivery, engineering and discipline representatives
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and driven to develop strong client relationship. Candidate must be comfortable being client-facing.
Participate in meetings with the client and project team to establish project objectives and to coordinate and/or resolve design problems.
Candidate must be a seller-doer and have the ability to manage projects and project teams but also deliver technical work when necessary.
Assists with development of equipment and materials bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
Plans and directs all design engineers, drafters, and technical engineers working on specific projects. Coordinate and manage design criteria and details with other departments.
Manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of complex designs.
Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the customer.
Has comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application.
Responsible for performing all aspects of engineering, design, and project management.
Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
May provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
Manages simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of industrial processes.
Develop proposals and project scopes in collaboration with management, sales, project delivery, engineering and discipline representatives.
Facilitates project meetings to develop and review project scopes, design criteria and discipline drawings.
Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements; evaluates and approves changes that substantially impact the scope, budget, or schedule of a project.
Maintains budgets and schedules forecast with assistance from project controls.
Works with site and corporate procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- 5-15 years of project experience required.
- PE License is required or able to obtain within 1-year of hire.
- BS in Engineering, Electrical or Controls preferred
- Experience with business development and commercial proposal writing required
- Electrical operational experience required
- Candidate should be experienced with planning/directing electrical field work, industrial electrical layout, and electrical design is a plus
- Experienced with electrical Equipment Lists, Loops, Interconnection, Load Lists, MCC, etc
- Experience with P&IDs, and PFDs
- Working experience in selection, specification and design of major electrical equipment required
- Experience in vendor selection, including technical evaluations required
- Strong working knowledge and practical application of typical power system configurations and operation preferred
- Ability to read/interpret specifications and construction drawings
- Experience working in heavy industrial environments required. This position does require field verifications in industrial facilities.
- Experience with electrical equipment layout design.
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred.
- Experience with applicable electrical codes and standards for heavy industrial.
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up experience is preferred.
- Experience with MSHA/OSHA safety regulations preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications are required.
Reporting and Location: SLC, UtahWorley strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated to their prospective role within the company.
Worley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Worley is a drug-free workplace.