Founded in 1973, Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is a leading US-owned security company, providing a full range of physical security services to government and commercial customers on four continents. Inter-Con (ICS) provides custom client solutions tailored to quality with the flexibility to operate in highly complex environments. The firm specializes in providing tailored services to clients whose needs exceed the sophistication and expertise of traditional guard firms. Inter-Con remains under family ownership and control and operates as the industry leader in the field of customized, high-requirement security solutions. Inter-Con employs over 25,000 security personnel world-wide, trained and managed by a team of professionals with unsurpassed military, law enforcement, and security experience.
Inter-Con is Everywhere Security Matters.
We are seeking a California licensed litigation associate with approximately 4-6 years of defense-side, law firm experience. Experience representing employers in state and federal court in California is a plus, but not mandatory.
Responsibilities include retaining and managing outside counsel, directing litigation activities, preparing and managing litigation budgets, reporting, tracking litigation trends, negotiating, and handling litigation matters, as appropriate, from inception to resolution. The position reports to the General Counsel and works actively with the entire management team and all corporate departments including Operations, Human Resources, Finance and Contracts.
- A minimum of 4-6 years management-side, defense litigation experience
- Demonstrated case management, litigation experience
- Experience in state and federal courts, adversarial proceedings with government agencies, and arbitration
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a self-starter, proactive, level-headed, and able to think practically and strategically
- Strong academic credentials
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited and excellent law school
- Be in good standing with the California bar
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
Inter-Con Security Systems, Inc. is an affirmative action employer who provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups. License PPO# 6822