ESCO is seeking a Patent Agent or a Patent Attorney to provide intellectual property services focusing on internal patent application preparation and prosecution, and prior art reviews and analysis to assess novelty and freedom to operate issues, both foreign and domestic. This role coordinates with inventors and other appropriate management to keep them informed as to the status of pending intellectual property matters.
- Provide complex, substantive and organizational support in the patent area
- Receive invention disclosures; coordinate and assist with invention reviews
- Conduct prior art searches and assist with patentability, freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity analyses, including cataloging and maintaining of results in an organized and accessible fashion
- Prepare and file patent applications
- Respond to inquiries regarding patent application preparation, strategies, and prosecution
- Analyze and respond to patent office actions and prior art from the USPTO and foreign offices
- Organize, maintain and update files and docket information related to ESCO’s IP portfolio
- Assist in the compliance with ESCO’s intellectual property policies
- Assist in research relating to intellectual property licensing issues as they arise
- Assist in the review and approval of publications/presentations to prevent disclosure of confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- USPTO registration; will consider previous Patent Agent/Attorney experience with commitment to obtain registration
- Two+ years’ experience as a Patent Agent or Patent Attorney preferred
- Must be permanently authorized to work in the United States
Success in this role requires technical and analytical skills necessary to conduct complex and detailed analysis of patent-related matters; interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of researchers, attorneys and other managers; strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment; self-starter, highly organized and detail oriented; excellent language, grammar and writing skills; and ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.