Greenway is seeking a Corporate Counsel to assist with litigation, dispute resolution and bankruptcy matters. The ideal candidate should have experience in healthcare technology and general business transactions as well. Experience with regulatory matters, including Medicare and Medicaid and conditions of participation in federal healthcare programs, anti-kickback laws, self-referral laws and HIPAA a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Work closely with business partners to investigation and resolve customer and other third-party disputes
• Proactively monitor and create policies around customers in bankruptcy
• Manage, oversee and implement policies and procedures regarding responding to subpoenas, records requests and garnishments
• Oversee and advise the accounts receivable collection processes
• Manage outside counsel and provide sophisticated legal solutions to the business
• Partnering with internal clients and other members of the legal department to recycle litigation lessons learned into daily operations
• Create processes to identify trends through metrics and reporting to identify business risk and process improvements
• Drive effective tracking and oversight of outside counsel legal spend and legal risk
• Experience with transactional matters with health care providers is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree and JD required
• FL Bar or FL House Counsel qualification
• 3-5 years of litigation experience preferably in a healthcare organization
• Experience with software licensing
• Combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred
• A solution-driven leader with a proven ability to take ownership of a variety of projects with little oversight and supervision
• Strong communication (both verbal and written), diplomacy, and the ability to establish credibility necessary to effectively influence company employees and executives.
• The successful candidate will be a transparent and collaborative leader comfortable spearheading and supporting change in a complex environment.
• Willingness to be flexible and adaptive and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
• Must possess high integrity,
• Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment and is detail oriented.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
• Outstanding strategic planning and management skills.
• Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment
• Ability to exercise discretion and make independent judgment regarding significant department managerial, business workflow, and legal matters
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated PC skills, proficient with Microsoft Windows applications