DoorDash is seeking a highly-motivated and business-minded lawyer to act as Head of Corporate and oversee corporate and transactional matters. You will spearhead a wide range of corporate initiatives for DoorDash, including corporate governance, audit readiness and reporting programs, mergers and acquisitions, fundraising, securities, board and committee processes, corporate and tax structuring, and equity administration. This role will report to the Vice President of Legal.
The Legal Team has built a strong reputation within the company for our confident, supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re a group of collaborative and dynamic individuals that work as a flexible, talented, and cohesive group. Join us!
What You’ll Do
- Develop, maintain and support our corporate governance, audit, and reporting programs, and board and committee processes
- Provide advice, strategic support and education to our board members, executives and employees about corporate governance, securities, M&A and other corporate matters
- Lead on execution of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic transactions, from structuring the offer through closing and integrating the deal
- Keep up to date with proposed and new corporate regulations to evaluate the potential impact on the company and arrange for new policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, accounting, people, product, and engineering to manage corporate transactions and initiatives
- Support international corporate governance, international registration, and management of subsidiary entities
- Hit the ground running on other special or miscellaneous projects as needed
Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years practicing general corporate, securities, and M&A law at a top-tier firm or technology company; in-house experience at a public company is a plus
- JD degree and admission in good standing to practice in the State of California
- Ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams / projects with a diverse group of stakeholders across organizational lines
- Strong business acumen and judgment with a strong understanding of financial metrics and fundamentals
- Experience with all aspects of public reporting requirements
- Proactive with excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and impeccable integrity
- A philosophy that no task is too big or small and an interest in learning and growth
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in more than 3000 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.