DoITT provides for the sustained, efficient and effective delivery of IT services, infrastructure and telecommunications to enhance service delivery to New York City’s residents, businesses, employees and visitors. As the City’s technology leader, DoITT is responsible for maintaining the foundational IT infrastructure and systems that touch every aspect of City life from public safety to human services, from education to economic development crossing the full spectrum of governmental operations.
The Office of General Counsel seeks an accomplished and highly capable attorney to join its Contracts Unit to negotiate and draft contracts in coordination with an integrated team that includes attorneys, procurement specialists and strategic sourcing analysts. The team’s purpose is to further key agency and City objectives by negotiating and executing enterprise, large-scale and /or high priority technology agreements with fair and equitable pricing, business legal and security terms. In this role you will review solicitations, analyze vendor proposals and identify disadvantageous terms and risks to the enterprise. You will also suggest strategic purchasing based upon procurement options and other factors. And you will participate in (and many times lead) negotiation teams in reaching agreement and finalization of critically important agreements. Finally, you support licensing audits.
What You Will Do
The successful candidate will serve as an Associate General Counsel reporting to the office of the General Counsel Division. Working under the supervision of the Deputy General Counsel, the Associate General Counsel will perform duties including:
• Coordinate and lead contract negotiations with prospective vendors, or assist agency managers in conducting such negotiations;
• Draft contracts or contract provisions;
• Interview agency personnel to gain an understanding of planned programs and projects in order to formulate the contracting objectives;
• Advise negotiation teams members on communication with prospective vendors;
• Maintain intelligence on changes in pricing and licensing vehicles using we based information sources and industry watchers;
• Review and revise draft solicitation documents (such as invitations for bids and RFPs);
• Review and revise draft contracts submitted by prospective vendors;
• Support other City agencies in the procurement of technology;
• Provide advice and information to agency personnel about the negotiation, drafting, and administration of contracts;
• Consult personnel of the City’s Law Department or the Mayor’s Office of Contract Services as warranted;
Maintain productive and amicable relationships with vendors and prospective vendors.
Incumbents must remain Members of the New York State Bar in good standing for the duration of this employment.
• Knowledge of general contract law principles;
• Experience negotiating complex acquisitions of significant cost or high priority;
• Familiarity negotiating with large market-share technology vendors;
• Ability to ascertain terms of strategic importance;
• Experience leading negotiation teams for legal, business and financial elements of large-scale and enterprise software, cloud and managed services contracts;
• Experience drawing upon industry and web-based information sources;
• Experience in software audit review and resolution.
For all other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs/search and search for Job ID #396427
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INTERVIEW
APPOINTMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO OVERSIGHT APPROVAL
The Department of Information Technology & Telecommunications and the City of New York are equal opportunity employers.
DoITT participates in E-Verify