The PCAOB oversees the audits of public companies and SEC-registered brokers and dealers in order to protect investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate, and independent audit reports.
Job Description Summary
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position of Counsel in the Division of Enforcement and Investigations its Washington, DC headquarters office. This key role reports to the Deputy Director of the Division of Enforcement and Investigations. This role requires
a proactive person that thrives in a multi-facetted professional environment.
- Planning, organizing and conducting investigations dealing with complex matters involving financial fraud and other securities practices that may involve possible violations of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, the rules of the PCAOB, the provisions of the
securities laws relating to the preparation and issuance of audit reports and the obligations and liabilities of accountants with respect thereto, including the rules of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission issued under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002,
or professional standards;
- Reviewing and analyzing audit working papers, corporate books and records, and other financial and accounting documents;
- Conducting interviews and testimony;
- Identifying accounting, auditing, and financial reporting deficiencies;
- Making recommendations to the Board related to enforcement actions; and
- Litigating with accountants in administrative hearings before hearing officers and before the PCAOB.