Insituform Technologies, LLC is looking for an experienced Safety Manager to join our team in Littleton, CO.
Insituform Technologies, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform’s businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform’s technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional ‘dig and replace’ methods. For more details, visit <web address removed>
- Has a full understanding of CFR 1910 & 1926.
- Is a recognized OSHA instructor.
- Has a functional knowledge of Fleet DOT processes
- Has a working knowledge of company drug and alcohol processes
- Ability to communicate and write company HSE policies.
- Has the ability to effectively manage others.
- Can actively manage the various safety management databases.
- Provides problem resolution that results in changes and/or enhancements to process and/or project.
- Independently applies knowledge to resolve problems in timely manner.
- Contributes to problem identification and solution by analysis.
- Has the ability to work with regulatory agencies to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the building of Platform training documents.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan and implement process projects in a timely manner.
- Owns divisional emergency preparedness processes.
- Can effectively manage workplace incidents to a resolution.
- Effectively work and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Create, manage, and review site specific safety plans.
For the successful performance of this position, an individual must be able to achieve and/or perform the essential duties of the position. Listed below are representative requirements for job knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: The individual will possess a minimum of 5-10 years of progressive quality experience or with a degree from an accredited university. Experience working with regulatory agencies, external auditors and internal clients is a must. The individual must have safety training experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; draft reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; effectively present information to individuals or groups (management, clients, customers, general public) and respond to questions.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform arithmetic calculations and apply basic statistical, algebraic and geometric concepts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes, etc.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists and interpret various instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Leadership Skills: Position requires individual to have strong interpersonal skills with ability to motivate and empower, to be a strong communicator able to take initiative and function independently. Must be capable of making people management decisions and comfortable in a management position.
- Personal Attributes: Position requires the individual to be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Computer-Based: Ability to work with complex spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software. Ability to learn new applications quickly. Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) required.
Physical Demands / Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: In the performance of duties for this position, the employee is: regularly required to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and taste or smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds (occasionally up to 25 pounds). Vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability for extended concentration.
- Work Environment: In performing the duties for this job, the employee will generally work in an office type environment but will occasionally be required to work in outside weather conditions (occasionally near job sites with moving vehicles and mechanical operations). Will be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level is usually moderate. Travel by automobile and airplane required.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision Insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, overtime pay, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant priority referral Protected Veterans requested