This position is located in the Legal Division, San Francisco Regional Office, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support in the areas of the FDIC’s supervisory, regulatory, and enforcement functions.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.
– Performs or oversees a wide range of legal work relating to FDIC’s supervisory, regulatory and enforcement functions, and the interpretation and application of the statutes and regulations governing the activities, operations, and structure of financial institutions.
– May participate in the litigation of enforcement actions.
– Conducts legal research, provides legal opinions, prepares legal documentation and participates in negotiations involving FDIC matters, particularly in reference to assigned area of responsibility.
– Confers with institutions’ counsel and officials, advising them regarding problems encountered in their operations and activities. Works with other Federal and State officials in connection with legal issues that fall within the scope of the FDIC’s responsibilities.
– Represents FDIC in inter-agency task forces, committees and working groups.
25% or less – This position requires overnight travel.