HollyFrontier Corporation in Dallas, TX is seeking a Corporate Counsel. This role willl assists General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel in performing the duties of the Legal Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Conducts legal due diligence for possible acquisitions and dispositions, assist on transaction documentation and HSR process and provide assistance with related transition work
- Reviews, negotiates and drafts contracts, including commercial contracts and refinery contracts, and provide training to the business teams
- Advises management of the legal implications of administrative and operational activities.
- Plans and develops solutions to existing or potential legal problems involving the companies, and advise management concerning legal rights and obligations
- Interfaces with outside counsel on various matters
- Assists in managing corporate governance and compliance
- Assists with secretary functions for boards of HollyFrontier Corporation, Holly Energy Partners, L.P. and subsidiaries as needed, including preparing for board and committee meetings
- Assists in preparing SEC filings, including 8-Ks, proxy statements and various other filings
- Participate in continuing legal education programs and other activities as necessary to keep informed of developments in the law, new and proposed statutes and regulations, economic and social issues and other matters of interest to the Company and the energy industry.
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by his/her superior, as determined from time to time in the supervisor’s sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years’ experience as a licensed attorney is required.
Previous experience working as legal counsel at a large public corporation or top tier law firm.
A minimum of a Jurisprudence Doctorate Degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school is required.
Advanced legal drafting and analysis; advanced reading and writing skills; interpersonal, problem solving, research and document review; and word processing skills. Required to be a member of the State Bar of Texas. Ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations. Advanced reading and writing skills, Strong public speaking skills along with presentation skills. MS Office word processing skills.
No direct reports. Must be able to supervise and lead work of paralegals and outside counsel effectively.
Office based with travel up to 20% by land and air required. Subject to all weather and varying road conditions.
Petroleum refinery and out-of-doors environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, and rotating equipment.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting or carrying up to 25 lbs., pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., perceiving color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed (beards are not permitted). Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, and working in confined spaces as permitted.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first. We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs