Why consider Sandoz?
Our number 1 priority is to pioneer patient access to better healthcare. We are a company of firsts. 1st to develop an oral penicillin antibiotic. 1st to develop and launch biosimilars. 1st to launch an FDA-cleared digital therapeutic.
And we never stop asking: how can we continue to pioneer access in an ever-more digital and global world?
The answers come when curious, courageous and collaborative people are empowered to ask new questions, make bold decisions and take smart risks.
Sandoz, a Novartis division, is a leader in generic and biosimilar medicines and a pioneer in digital therapeutics.
Join us, and help reimagine access to medicine
Focus of this role:
As an experienced pharmaceutical attorney, you will be successful within our ethical, fast-paced, adaptive and collaborative culture to support the teams focused on commercializing our generic, biosimilar, and branded products in the US market. This position is located in Princeton, NJ.
This attorney will partner with key internal stakeholders to counsel on complex and sensitive legal and business issues arising in the commercialization of Sandoz products in the US market.
• Draft and negotiate commercial agreements (distribution, wholesaler, specialty pharmacy and retail pharmacy, data, payer/managed markets, GPO, hospital and clinic), advising on marketing and promotion of pharmaceutical products, and advising teams responsible for compliance.
• Function as the primary general legal support to our various commercial teams, to functions relevant to the commercialization of pharmaceutical products such as Quality and Regulatory.
• Provide legal leadership on cross-functional teams, identify legal issues relevant to the business, give recommendations to address critical issues so that business and legal objectives are met, advise and consult with employees, managers and leadership, proactively educate the business on relevant issues, serve as the legal advisor in complex business projects.
• Analyze complex issues and concepts in a timely fashion, and review, analyze and keep current on all federal and state legal developments affecting the pharmaceutical industry.
• Function as a member of the General Legal team responsible for providing day-to-day legal advice in a pragmatic and collaborative manner to assist the business in achieving its goals/objectives in a legally compliant and ethical manner
• Timely response to day-to-day policy and legal questions raised by the business
• Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements; support Finance Government Pricing team on contract and compliance matters; advise on reimbursement and managed markets issues
• Advise on regulatory and quality issues; advise on promotion matters; review press releases, medical materials, promotional materials
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Law (JD degree)
• Candidates should be licensed to practice law in New Jersey or be eligible to obtain a limited license for in-house counsel
• 8-10+ years of relevant experience from a pharmaceutical or biotech firm, including prior expertise from a major law firm.
• Commercial transactional experience in the pharmaceutical industry (including wholesaler, distribution, GPO licensing, payer/managed markets, specialty pharmacy, data) is required
• Experience in marketed branded and/or generic pharmaceuticals or in marketed biologics is preferred
• Experience in handling regulatory and quality issues arising with pharmaceutical and biologic products is preferred
• Experience with regulations regarding promotion of pharmaceuticals and/or devices, with federal and state anti-kickback laws and with other relevant health care fraud and abuse laws is required
• Experience with device regulation, data and privacy laws and pharmaceutical government price reporting compliance is strongly preferred
• Proven ability to work on multiple projects at any given time in a fast paced environment
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work independently yet collaboratively while keeping key stakeholders informed
• Ability to work directly and collaboratively with senior executives in a matrix environment
• Team player in a multidisciplinary, cross-cultural environment, high level of flexibility
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment; prioritize tasks and maintain efficiency; and identify opportunities for improvement
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office; MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat)
COMMERCIAL OPS NA SZ
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance