Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
– ASSISTANT GENERAL COUNSEL-RESEARCH AND INNOVATION–
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2018, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 26th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring way, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community.
For further consideration all applicants are asked to submit a cover letter
Provides transactional, technology-related and intellectual property-related legal services for Seattle Children’s Hospital and its affiliated components, with a focus on supporting research and innovation efforts enterprise-wide under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel – Research and Innovation. Provides general legal services for Seattle Children’s Research Institute, under the guidance of the Associate General Counsel – Research and Innovation, with a matrix reporting relationship to the President – Seattle Children’s Research Institute (SCRI). Assistant General Counsel – Research and Innovation functions at a level of skill, knowledge, and judgment that permits independent action, subject to oversight by the Associate General Counsel – Research and Innovation. In consultation with Vice President and Deputy General Counsel or the Associate General Counsel – Research and Innovation, Assistant General Counsel directs work of counsel acting on behalf of Seattle Children’s.
- JD from ABA accredited law school
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in legal and regulatory framework governing research institutes, life sciences, biopharma within the framework of intellectual property protection and licensing, and federally funded and industry sponsored research
- Minimum 7 years of relevant practicing experience within a corporate, public or private law firm setting, ideally within a healthcare framework.
- Required Credentials: Admitted to practice law in the State of Washington
- Prior law firm or in-house experience advising a complex health care services organization or system, academic medical center, or life sciences organization
- Experience with unique legal issues affecting children and academic institutions
- Experience representing clients engaged in biomedical research
- Life sciences or health care undergraduate or graduate degree