Responsible for legal oversight of the production of a daily syndicated television program to identify legal, broadcast standards and practices, compliance, and other corporate concerns for The Kelly Clarkson Show (“Series”). Reports to the Vice President, Business Affairs, Television Distribution and manages oversight of a Legal Assistant. This is a run of show position.
- Act as primary liaison among Executive Producer, Legal Department, Program Executives, Business Affairs, Production Operations regarding all compliance / risk management issues
- Draft, review, and negotiate production-related agreements, including, but not limited to, license agreements, clearance agreements, appearance releases, location agreements, vendor agreements, trade-outs, integration agreements, non-disclosure agreements and employment agreements.
- Provide timely and thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues associated with broadcast and digital content.
- Research and evaluate production issues.
- Review and provide edit notes on Series for broadcast standards and practices issues and compliance/regulatory (i.e. FTC/FCC) concerns and identify potential legal issues
- Attend all in-studio tapings (and on-location shoots as needed) and review each program for final approval
Basic Qualifications/Eligibility Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• JD degree from accredited law school, state bar membership and entertainment experience required
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, California
• Must have flexible schedule, including willingness to work evening and weekends as necessary
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered (note job#:xxxxx)
• Experience in television production preferred
• Strong legal analysis skills
• Ability to assess risk and to make sensitive contextual value judgments concerning program content and program guests
• Demonstrated ability to function as part of a team, but also able to make independent, well-considered decisions under deadlines
• Experience in a position requiring practical problem solving and strong customer service skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with the creative community, program guests, producers and internal executives
• Solid academic background and strong writing skills
• Ability to think proactively and multi-task in a high pressure situation
NBC Ent First Run Syndication
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.