Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with nearly 500 million tickets sold and more than 12,500 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows annually for nearly 4,000 artists in 40 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world’s leading artist management companies, representing more than 350 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 1,000 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the over 90 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
We’re seeking a diligent and proactive Associate Counsel who will work independently as well as collaboratively regarding a wide of variety of event sponsorship, marketing, and promotion-related matters in a fast-paced team environment.
- Work closely with a team of attorneys who manage a broad range of contracts for Live Nation’s Media & Sponsorship Division.
- Advise internal clients on various event sponsorship, marketing and promotion-related matters, including basic risk assessment in consultation with Risk Management.
- Advise internal clients on various artist-related matters, including artist performances, participation in custom content for public distribution, and participation in social media “influencer” campaigns.
- Draft, review, analyze and interpret contracts in an accurate and timely manner, including sponsorship and promotion contracts, artist contracts, social influencer contracts, production services contracts, and vendor contracts.
- Negotiate with Artist Management, Artist Counsel and talent agency representatives.
- Work closely with Live Nation’s Artist Rights Acquisition Management team to draft artist contracts from deal point memos.
- Review talent agency contracts.
- Ensure contract review, approval and execution is in accordance with company policies.
- Create and update templates for agreements.
- Texas Bar membership or willingness and qualification to get registered in-house counsel.
- Minimum of 2 years of transactional experience with law firm and/or corporate legal environment.
- Prior in-house, concert business and/or entertainment experience preferred.
- Prior experience negotiating with talent agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a highly demanding, deadline driven environment with strong follow up.
- Ability to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision and with a team.
- Experience in interacting and communicating with all levels of operations.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.