Passenger Service Agent
Des Moines International Airport
$11.00 per hour
Meet and greet customers with tickets. Provide assistance to passengers as requested or required. Monitors ticket counter & Self Service Check-in queue activity. Assist with the ticketing and boarding process, gates, and baggage service.
A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Computer experience necessary.
3. Previous Customer Service experience preferred
4. Must be 18 years of age or older.
5. Must have a working telephone number for contact.
6. Must have reliable telephone and transportation.
B. PERSONAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Treat all information as confidential.
2. Possess the tact to deal with all levels of situations, client representatives, employees and the public.
3. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written communication.
4. Must be able to read, write, understand and carry out instructions in English.
5. Must be able to stand/walk in terminal area throughout the scheduled shift.
6. Must be able to consistently push, pull and lift 50 to 70 lbs.
7. Must be able to carry oversized bags (ski bags, snow board bags, boot bags, etc.) 100 to 125 yards.
8. Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
9. Must meet necessary requirements to obtain a security sensitive identification badge.
10. Must be a citizen of the United States or possess the necessary authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).
1. Greet passengers, clients and airline personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Reads and understands letters and numbers in order to accurately pre-screen passenger tickets and determine city destination/gate locations (International & Domestic destinations) from reference documents.
3. Provide general information to passengers, give directions and flight information.
4. Provide special services (courtesy chairs/bag carts) as required.
5. Direct large pieces of luggage, pets and other checked articles too large to be dispatched in the baggage handling system to oversize.
6. Summon the security supervisor and refer difficult or uncooperative passengers to security.
7. Keep supervisor informed of needs and problems in assigned areas, maintain cleanliness of immediate work area and report maintenance needs.
8. Project a positive image and respond to inquiries from clients, staff and public in a courteous manner.
9. Attend meetings and inservices as required.
10. Utilize appropriate communications channels and maintain records, reports and files as required.
11. Must be in proper uniform or business attire as directed by company officials.
12. Identification badges must always be visible.
13. Adhere to company policies and procedures and participate in achievement of company objectives.
14. Utilize company and client equipment, supplies and resources in a conscientious, cost effective manner.
15. Perform other duties as requested.