PeerStreet is a leading marketplace for investing in real estate backed loans . We’re looking for an exceptional Real Estate Attorney to help build our legal team. You will work in our legal department to help navigate the wide range of legal issues involved in growing PeerStreet’s business.
- Assist various teams, including the capital markets team, warehouse financing team and marketing team, with their respective needs.
- Work on all legal issues related to loan sales and warehouse transactions.
- Draft and negotiate mortgage loan sale agreements and warehouse facility agreements.
- Communicate, negotiate and collaborate with both internal and external clients regarding deal status and future new product offerings.
- Review and analyze title, survey, loan documents, and other real estate loan due diligence for all loan products (including commercial and single-family properties).
- Manage day-to-day legal operations with Associate Counsels, Paralegals, Legal Analysts, and Law Clerks to ensure the timely completion of daily tasks.
- You must have a JD from a US-accredited law school, 5+ years of experience in real estate (including real estate finance) and are currently registered and in good standing with at least one state bar, preferably California.
- Proven experience in real estate finance.
- Big law firm and some in-house experience preferred.
- Exposure to and understanding of capital markets and warehouse facilities a huge plus!
- Great communication skills. Frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast, who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow? Flexibility is key.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.