Are you ready to join the API revolution?
As Commercial Counsel, you’ll be the second member of Kong’s legal team. You will have a key role in helping drive Kong’s growth by supporting the fast-growing global sales team by drafting, structuring and helping negotiate customer contracts. Working closely with the Legal Head, you will also provide advice and counsel on a broad range of issues in areas such as privacy, security, open source software and intellectual property, with the opportunity to also assist with product, corporate and other legal matters. We are proud that our customers include some of the largest and most well-known companies around the globe, and in this role you’ll have an opportunity to challenge yourself and learn daily.
What you’ll be doing:
- Partner with the global sales team to draft, review and negotiate license and SaaS customer agreements and related security, support and data policies.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of other commercial agreements, including vendor agreements.
- Manage and maintain template agreements, contract playbooks and sales process.
- Advise internal teams, including HR, Product and Marketing, on legal matters and provide general corporate and commercial legal advice.
- What you’ll bring:
- Law degree, and a license to practice law in California.
- Minimum 4 years (or more) of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house, or both.
- Great judgment, and an ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships within the company, with customers, and others.
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements for technology companies, with attention to detail and an ability to view legal issues within the context of business objectives.
- Bonus points:
- Experience and/or strong interest in areas such as open source software, data privacy, and intellectual property.
- Ability to code.
- International experience (legal or otherwise).
- Startup experience.