We are seeking a Labor Relations Executive for the Labor Relations team. In this role, you will:
- Partner with Labor Relations and other studio executives on investigations of allegations of employee misconduct; recommend and implement appropriate discipline up to and including discharge, when appropriate. This may require interaction with other Warner Bros. divisions including Corporate Legal, WB Studio Facilities and other Warner Bros. Television production entities.
- Investigate and resolve claims/grievances with all unions including WGA, DGA, SAG, IATSE, and Basic Craft locals covering alleged contract violations and negotiate settlements where appropriate.
- Verify adherence to terms of labor contract by responding to production and WB personnel inquiries regarding contract interpretation and implementation of policies concerning wages, hours, and working conditions.
- Provide legal assistance regarding negotiating policies and procedures for union audits. Also provide legal assistance with witness preparation, cross-examinations and periodically writes draft sections of Company briefs for legal arbitrations.
- Furnish reference documents and statistical data concerning labor legislate on, labor market conditions, prevailing union and management practices, wage and salary surveys, industry arbitration decisions and employee benefits programs for labor contract negotiations. Drafts legal memo summarizing terms of new agreements. Attends and participates in union contract negotiations.
- Participate on AMPTP Legal Committee.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 1 – 3+ years of experience working in a legal, industrial or labor relations environment.
- Knowledge of union contracts and complaint process including labor law.
Bonus points for?
- JD degree preferred.
- Previous studio experience and legal training.