We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As Regulatory Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for providing leadership and guidance on regulation applicable to Oscar’s business. We currently operate in the individual market (both on-and off-exchange) in nine states, and the small group market in four states. We anticipate further geographic expansion and new product offerings. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Partner with various teams to provide strategic and legal guidance on a range of insurance regulatory matters, including state and federal Exchange requirements, ERISA claims requirements, benefits design and EHB, and Section 1557.
- Provide thought leadership on regulatory and industry developments, including the proactive identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring and tracking of relevant regulatory updates.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with teams and key stakeholders across Oscar.
- Design strategic and/or operational initiatives to comply with state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Support cross-training, problem-solving, and knowledge development across Oscar.
- Provide legal advice on new and existing policies and procedures to ensure Oscar’s compliance with applicable state and federal law.
- Partner and work collaboratively with federal and state regulators and government agencies.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school with 3-5+ years of legal experience.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; you always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants.
- Critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- You have passion for healthcare and a knack for making processes more systematic