Duration: 1 year contract
This is a non-exempt role.
This individual will act as the first line of contact on the 800# phone line working directly with North American customers and a wide spectrum of company’s Life Sciences employees including, Sales Team, Accounting/Credit, New Accounts, Complaints, Pricing, Quality Control, Product Managers, Manufacturing, Warehouse/Distribution Center, Marketing and Scientific Support.
This individual will attend to all questions and inquiries in a highly professional manner to effectively convey information internally and externally while assuring that our goal of world class customer service is met. They will perform the full scope of customer service tasks; problem solving, trouble shooting, negotiating and foster excellent relationships with customers and co-workers. They are expected to have a full understanding of department and company procedures and policies. They will promote company’s Life Sciences image in a positive manner and lead by example.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Handle incoming 800# phone line in a timely and professional manner.
• Handle incoming high order volume received via phone and email.
• Handle high volume of Case Management related to inquiries and orders in SalesForce.com
• Interact daily with internal/external contacts using multiple systems to ensure accurate information.
• Provide information and Accurate Order Entry/Order Management for a large customer base related
to inventory, pricing, technical inquires, and shipping information.
• Proactively initiate corrective actions to handle customer accommodations independently by using good judgment in routine cases.
• Assist with complaints processed by the Complaint team.
• Maintain and update dealer/customer profiles and confirm that the PeopleSoft notes, payment terms, carrier, and freight terms match the profile. Follow up with New Accounts team on necessary account set up changes.
• Responsible for ensuring 100% follow-up to customers internally and externally.
• Attend Product/Technical training as scheduled.
Travel Requirements: Minimal
Hours of work: Monday through Friday, 8 hours/day between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree – in Life Science field desired
Desired Years and Area of Experience: 1-2 years of customer service experience or 2-4 years of call center experience
• Ability to handle high work volume (phone, case and order entry volume) in a fast-pace environment and stay calm in face of adversity.
• On time attendance.
• Excellent professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, E-mail, Web. (PeopleSoft and SalesForce.com preferred.)
• Can type at a 50-WPM average.
• Customer focused, detail oriented and effective problem solver who can independently seek a timely resolution.
• Ability to meet or exceed Department Metrics.
• Adaptable in a rapidly changing environment and can easily recognize areas for improvement and help facilitate forward movement.
• Experience in the Life Science industry or related field.
• Experience with PeopleSoft Order Management or a comparable system.
• Experience with SalesForce.com case management.
• Call center experience.
• Ability to work independently in a team environment and easily collaborate when necessary.
• Positive, enthusiastic and high energy.
• Dependable, committed, reliable and high work ethic.
• Ability to foster excellent relationships.