About the Position: The incumbent will join a small but highly effective and influential team of civilian lawyers who provide legal services to Army leaders at the Combat Capabilities Development Command(CCDC) Soldier Center. The legal office provides comprehensive legal support in areas ranging from “cradle to grave” business law advice on multi-million dollar government contracts for services and supplies, to issues arising from the management of the federal and contractor workforce.
- Provides expert legal advice regarding acquisitions, including highly complex multiple year procurements.
- The incumbent also answers questions and prepares actions dealing with DOD and Army Administrative Law and Ethics, and advises active duty and deploying personnel on legal assistance matters IAW AR 27-3.
- Ensures compliance with settlement agreements, subpoenas of Government officials and requests for review of files and documents relevant to pending cases.
- Advises on the impact of changes in procurement laws, rules, and regulations to the acquisition function and drafts/reviews final decisions.
- Advises on contract claims by the Government, and the demands for relief by contractors, e.g. ratification actions, equitable adjustments, requests for extraordinary relief, and breach of contract claims.
- Legal advisor on labor issues, quasi-judicial proceedings on civilian personnel, labor relations, and equal employment opportunity matters.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.