If selected, you will serve as a legal advisor responsible for a broad range of assignments in the Division of Corporation Finance, Office of Mergers and Acquisitions (OMA).
- Recognizing, analyzing, and resolving complex legal and disclosure issues in business combination or other change-in-control transactions, such as tender or exchange offer materials, proxy materials, beneficial ownership filings, registration statements, periodic reports, and other disclosure documents filed with the Commission in connection with such transactions.
- Interpreting the disclosure, reporting, and other requirements of the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 related to business combination or other change-in-control transactions, and providing guidance to the public.
- Advising the Office Chief and other Commission staff on shareholder activism and engagement, anti-takeover measures, and other corporate governance matters related to business combination or other change-in-control transactions.
- Assisting with rulemaking projects, particularly with those related to business combination or other change-in-control transactions, by conducting legal research, reviewing comment letters, drafting term sheets that outline project proposals, and helping to draft rulemaking releases.
- Researching and developing ideas, advice, and recommendations to the Commission staff, including the Office Chief, on significant and complex issues under the Federal securities laws in the absence of precedent, particularly with respect to business combination or other change-in-control transactions.