About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for an intelligent and motivated non-lawyer to join its legal team. As Senior Manager, Legal Operations, you will deeply understand Rent the Runway, how each department across the business works with the Legal Department and how you can contribute to and impact the Legal Department’s work. You’ll be expected to take ownership over projects, workflows and certain functions of the Legal Department, while regularly updating the Senior Corporate Counsel on progress. A You will understand how to work well within a highly cross-functional organization and have an immediate impact on key aspects of Rent the Runway’s innovative business. This role reports into the Senior Corporate Counsel.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer and process employee equity grants and related transactions.
- Oversee the management of Concord, our contracts management system, including creating agreement summaries and providing information about agreements to company stakeholders.
- Manage certain aspects of Rent the Runway’s procurement activities.
- Assist with the maintenance, review and renewal of insurance policies and obtaining certificates of insurance when necessary.
- Identify process improvement opportunities and develop an understanding of department workflows while expanding best practices and relieving bottlenecks.
- Prepare, review and markup certain agreements, such as NDAs, and order forms.
- Conduct training and create written materials for cross-functional teams on legal processes and tools.
- Assist with administrative work for the Legal Department, including coordinating Legal Department communications, continuing legal education, meetings and events.
- You’ll act as a project manager for initiatives led or supported by the Legal Department.
- You’ll identify, implement and own legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- At least 7 years of directly relevant work experience as a corporate paralegal or project manager.
- You have impeccable attention to detail.
- You’re a strong and efficient problem solver.
- You are a self-starter who is proactive and can work independently with minimal oversight.
- You’re trustworthy and able to keep information confidential.
- You can manage a variety of high priority issues without missing any deadlines or breaking a sweat.
- Time management and prioritization are second nature to you, so you always understand what needs to be done first in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of work.
- You consistently produce timely and high quality work product and never hesitate to ask for more.
- You know how to develop, implement and use legal technology solutions like Concord.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.