The mission of the U.S. General Counsel’s Organization is to protect and support Adyen’s vision through legal expertise and strategic advice. This helps our U.S. sales and account management teams to manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on Adyen’s offering of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the interconnectivity between the U.S. General Counsel’s Organization and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
The U.S. General Counsel’s Organization at Adyen is seeking an Associate Counsel to provide legal and strategic assistance to Adyen’s e-commerce, MarketPay, and POS activities.
What you’ll do
This position will play a key role amongst a core group of international lawyers responsible for addressing the legal and regulatory requirements associated with Adyen’s acquiring and retaining merchants. The successful applicant will:
- Draft and review a wide variety of commercial contracts and provide practical, business-oriented advice to the sales and account management teams
- Provide legal advice on different areas of law, such as finance and money service business law, general contract law, anti-money laundering law, consumer protection and data privacy law
- Assist U.S. regulators, external auditors, and oversight of external counsel
- Identify and provide legal interpretation on material new, or changes to, laws and regulations which impact the business activities and affairs of Adyen
Who you are
- J.D. with admission to practice law in the U.S. (New York preferred)
- 7 years of experience in complex, high volume legal, compliance and/or regulatory matters preferred.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with ability to convey legal advice clearly and synthesize complex legal issues.
- Proven ability to research, interpret and summarize legal requirements in easily understood terms; and, determine the regulatory impact of such requirements to business initiatives.
- Must be able to work within a team environment or independently.
- Self-motivated, reliable, adaptable and detail-oriented.
- Capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to interface and develop rapport with regulators.
- Ability to adhere to the ‘Adyen Formula’
- Experience in reviewing and interpreting complex contracts and other legal documentation.
- Experience with the Nationwide Multi-state Licensing System highly preferred
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Travel: Regular travel to New York, occasional overseas travel required.