Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 60 days of the closing date.
The incumbent serves in the Office of the General Counsel under the Team Leader as a member of the team of Attorneys providing legal support to the Bank in the areas of litigation, collection, fraud control, and compliance.
At the full performance level, duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works with the Office of the Inspector General, U.S. Department of Justice, and other U.S. Government agencies on litigation, collections, fraud,and compliance matters.
- In coordination with the U.S. Department of Justice, provides legal advice on a broad range of questions relating to both prosecution of criminal and civil matters and defense of the Bank in legal actions.
- Provides legal advice on a broad range of questions relating to internal governance, risk, and litigation matters involving criminal activity and/or suspected fraud arising out of Bank transactions.
- Undertakes special assignments of importance to the Bank involving compliance and risk-assessment matters, as designated by the General Counsel, the Deputy General Counsel, and/or Team Leader.
- Advises Bank’s management on a broad range of legal issues relating to risk-management, fraud, compliance, and due diligence; attend Committee meetings.
- Under the leadership of the Team Leader, reviews and assesses documentation and procedures for existing Bank programs, products, and initiatives, coordinating with Bank staff who use and implement such documentation and procedures, to improve fraud risk-management, compliance and due diligence processes.
- Under the leadership of the Team Leader, develops Bank policies on compliance, due diligence, fraud prevention and related matters; assists the Bank in responding to issues raised in internal and external audits.
- Under the leadership of the Team leader, investigates allegations of fraud, misrepresentation, corruption, and related matters in specific transactions; conducts corruption-related enhanced due diligence regarding Bank transactions, and participants in Bank transactions; (in coordination with the assistant General Counsel for Administration).
- Refers matters for investigation (through the General Counsel) to the Office of the Inspector General.
- Under the leadership of the Team Leader, reviews and analyzes referrals of participant or potential participants in EXIM Bank programs to the Bank Suspension and Debarment Officer (in conjunction with the Assistant General Counsel for Administration).
- Under the leadership of the Team Leader, manages assigned litigation related to claim recoveries including management of outside counsel and contractors retained for such purposes; and coordinates with the Office of the CFO’s collection efforts.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.