The Sales Support Specialist role within the Tecstone Granite Sales team is a vital role in our commitment to providing service that supports our philosophy of “Fast, Reliable, Easy” and provides our customers with the highest level of service within our industry. The Sales Support Specialist is often the primary point of contact for most customers – greatly impacting our customer retention and the likelihood of increased revenue. The Sales Support team’s primary focus is securing revenue; once an order has been generated, the day to day follow up of the order will transition to our Customer Care team freeing up the Sales Support team to continue to process new orders and quotes.
Roles and Responsibilities (Daily)
Process new orders – checking for stock and looking for options that will allow for faster delivery to the customer as well as opportunities to increase revenue.
Modify existing orders – revise orders as needed should customers wish to make product changes or add additional components to the their order.
Process quotes – generate new quotes for customers and prospects. Work with multiple vendors to secure the best possible pricing and/or lead time for customers – ensuring that sufficient margin is included on the quote to meet target gross profit standards based on product / category.
Check inventory availability for customers. When product is available, asking the customer if they would like to place an order. When product in unavailable, review other options to allow the customer to place an order (ie. alternate size/color, inbound inventory, make here, vendor expediting).
Setting up new customers – ensuring that all data points are properly completed and ancillary data points are added to both systems.
Provide support for trade shows or other customer outreach events.
Send mailings to customers for marketing material such as price books, new customer packets, posters, etc.
Run reports to look at customer buying patterns should they request custom stocking opportunities.
Schedule repair orders
Monitor Sales Order Status to ensure that all Account Manager 24/7 online orders are processed and recorded into our operating system.
Continuously review processes to ensure that delays or pitfalls are avoided and customers receive optimal service.
Assume a de facto leadership role for the sales support issues; be an advocate and liaison on behalf of the customer when they share issues not related to Customer Care that impact their ability and/or desire to place orders with Tecstone Granite.
Keys to Success:
· Always speak positively of Tecstone Granite. Always be upbeat and positive about the company! Be confident and project expertise to the customer.
· Be detail-focused – able to coordinate and champion multiple issues.
· Assist customers through multiple channels including email, phone, and tickets.
· Work independently to secure answers and seek out new opportunities.
· Interface with Accounts, Art, Customer Care, Production, and Sales as needed.
· Balance fun and professionalism – make customer engagements enjoyable
· Focus on the team – we all win together or lose together
· Be able to handle input well – feedback makes us stronger and is not a reflection of one’s weakness.
· Bachelor’s degree in a business field preferred – not required
· Minimum of five years experience working in a B2B sales/customer service environment.
· Able to think “outside the box” and look from a “big picture” perspective
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product
· Demonstrated problem solving skills
· Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office product including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word; Salesforce or a similar CRM; and familiarity with operating systems such as Microsoft Dynamics, JDE, or SAP.
· Ability to work with a team yet make independent decisions and meet deadlines without constant supervision.
· Flexibility and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
Key Performance Indicators:
# of Tickets created – > 40 Tickets/Day
# of Open tickets in Salesforce – Maximum < 5 Tickets Average Ticket Response Time - Under 30 minutes Work Environment and Physical Demands The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job operates within a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job inside the office, the employee is frequently exposed to normal working conditions for an office environment with a noise level that is usually quiet to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee may be required to sit for long periods of time as well as use hands or fingers to reach or handle, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee will regularly/occasionally stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. All vision abilities are required to encompass close-up work with computer monitors and other reading materials. On occasion, employee must be able to tolerate and endure extended seasonal hours and maintain alertness to meet deadlines. About the Company Tecstone Granite USA Ltd. headquartered in Columbus, OH, is one of the largest suppliers of memorial granite. We work in close partnership with monument retailers through the US to provide “forever” monuments for families to remember their loved ones. With an extensive on-hand inventory and the ability to source granite globally, we are uniquely positioned to meet nearly all needs of our customers. At Tecstone Granite, we have assembled an amazing team of professionals with years of industry experience and a commitment to our core foundation of honesty, integrity, and reliability. Disclaimer The tasks detailed within this job description are not intended to represent an exhaustive list of duties that the job holder may be required to undertake. Tecstone Granite reserves the right to require the job holder to perform other tasks which the responsible manager may reasonably deem necessary. Tecstone Granite is an at-will employer, which means that either the employee or the company may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without cause. We are an equal opportunity employer.