Farmers Insurance Group is looking for personable, confident and goal-oriented people to fill our client service representative opening in NW OKC. If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can not only make more money but also begin a lifelong career, then this is the opportunity you’ll want to be a part of. With our award-winning University of Farmers training program, we’ll help get you started at your own pace.
Core Job Duties Include (But are not limited to)
Become licensed in Property & Casualty as well as Life, Accident and Health
Determine customer requirements and expectations to help the customer identify specific products and solutions
Solicit, sell and negotiate new business policies
Review renewal business and identify appropriate follow-up action based on degree of change
Cross-sell/up-sell products to existing customers
Monitor calling activity and production for agency marketers
Implement/adhere to company and Agency guidelines
General customer service duties as presented
· Business Results: Able to meet individual performance metrics and goals. Multi-tasking. Able to successfully juggle multiple priorities at any given time.
· Attention to Detail: Maintain accurate and descriptive accounts of all customer interactions (eCMS).
· Communication: Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Teamwork: Accept feedback when offered and work well with others.
· Problem solving: Able to research and identify timely solutions to customer-related problems.
We are always on the lookout for individuals who are looking to take control of their future and if you’re interested, we would love to speak with you. There are a couple things we need from you though.
College degree preferred, but not required.
Excellent communication skills
Self-motivated and goal-oriented mindset
Strong organizational and time management skills
Desire to be active in community
No bankruptcies within the last 5 years
Not more than $1000 in collections
Favorable criminal record with no felonies
Note: This position may require having the flexibility to work nonstandard hours/shifts and having the ability to adhere to a structured schedule.