Location(s): CO – Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Provides legal counsel to Xcel Energy and its subsidiaries and manages outside counsel. Regularly handles routine legal matters without assistance from other attorneys and trends toward handling a significant number of complex matters without assistance. Clear and effective drafting skills, strong oral communication abilities, and a capacity to learn new substantive legal topics as needed are required
- Prepares complex contracts and other legal documents for business transactions and reviews pleadings and briefs for legal proceedings.
- Provides counsel to Xcel Energy management on legal, business, legislation, regulation and strategic matters.
- Represents Xcel Energy in matters at regulatory agencies and in other adjudicatory or adversarial proceedings.
- Provides opinions on policy questions and legal implications of Xcel Energy operations.
- Drafts documents for real estate transactions, including sales, purchases and options on real estate, easements, licenses and leases.
- Reviews title and survey for sale and purchase transactions and for financing transactions.
- Works with title companies on the recording process for various types of documents.
- Provides analysis and advice in real estate disputes and litigation, including defense of foreclosures, quiet title actions and condemnation by others.
- Assists in updating and maintaining standard forms for routine real estate documents, such as easements, licenses etc.
- May act as a primary point of contact for certain business areas.
- Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school.
- 6-10 years of practice in corporate law department, law firm, government practice or equivalent legal experience.
- Large law firm experience preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO – Denver || CO – Denver || United States (US) || General Counsel || 80010:Deputy General Counsel || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 17703
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at recruitingxcelenergy.com