Job Title: Customer Care Representative – Full Time
Reports To: Customer Care Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Customer Care Representative accurately responds to customer, provider and broker inquires while projecting a positive attitude and professional representation of Dental Select’s services and products in an inbound call center environment.
Working under the supervision of the Customer Care Supervisor, the Customer Care Representative is responsible for interacting with customers, brokers, and providers responding to inquiries regarding benefit plans, eligibility, claims, billing inquiries, customer complaints, provider fee schedules, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as well.
• Answering and handling inbound calls from external and internal customers professionally and responding to customer inquiries and complaints
Providing accurate and timely information to inbound callers regarding Dental Select’s service and product information, including but not limited to: eligibility, benefits, plan designs, fee schedules, networks, claims, and company policies and procedures
• Handling co-worker and customer requests received electronically or in-person, in a timely, professional and accurate manner
• Completing call reports and logs as necessary; updating details of comments, inquiries, complaints and actions and documenting within appropriate database
• Following up on customer calls as applicable
• Researching required information; obtaining and evaluating all relevant data to resolve customer complaints and inquiries
• Recognizing, properly documenting, and informing the department’s Supervisor, Team Lead or Manager of escalated customer complaints
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be punctual and dependable; by the designated start of the workday, candidate must be logged into all necessary software applications and be available to receive inbound calls
• Basic computer skills along with basic Microsoft application skills
• Must have great communication skills and the ability to work with others. Should be flexible and adapt to company and/ or policy and procedural changes
• Perform effectively in high stress situations while multitasking
• Must be capable of comprehending and accurately explaining benefit plans, claims payments, fee schedules, company policies and procedures, etc.
• Must possess an interest in working with internal and external customers with the ability to effectively and professionally de-escalate agitated callers
• Excellent telephone etiquette and the ability to maintain confidential information is required
• A general knowledge of the insurance medical or dental industry is preferred
• Previous inbound call center experience is preferred
High School diploma required. Previous call center experience is preferred.
Must possess the ability to comprehend insurance-related documents. Ability to speak calmly and effectively with customers and co-workers. Fluency in English language is required. Multi lingual speaking ability is highly regarded
Must have basic mathematical skills to communicate accurate benefit and claims information to customers
Deductive reasoning skills and the ability to build conclusions from varied informational sources is required
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
· Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and effectively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
· Professionalism – Communicates with others in a tactful manner; Maintains confidentiality and uses appropriate discretion; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Appropriately responds to requests for assistance
· Arrives on-time to work and maintains regular work hours; Completes tasks on time or seeks approval from the appropriate person for an alternate plan
· Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
· Flexibility – Performs a wide variety of tasks and changes focus quickly as demands change; manages transitions from task to task effectively; Adapts to varying customer needs
· Accuracy – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Completes high quality work according to specifications; Thoroughly follows standards and procedures; Keeps complete records
· Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to others’ needs; Solicits feedback to improve; Timely responds to requests for assistance; Meets commitments; Listens and responds effectively to customer questions; resolves customer problems to the customer’s satisfaction; Respects all internal and external customers; Uses a team approach when dealing with customers; Follows up to evaluate customer satisfaction
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Although the employee will be working in a “cubicle” for a majority of the work day, the noise level in the work environment is representative of that in a call center.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods; use hands to handle, type, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of this position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict the right of the Customer Care Management team (or the right of the Company) to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this position at any time.