ASSISTANT MEMBERSHIP MANAGER
OVERVIEW: Responsible for managing SAM’s Membership Experience which includes the museum’s Onsite Sales and Member Service Program, the Customer Service Center, member e-communication and the coordination and production of all membership events. Work closely with SAM’s Donor Services Team, Admissions and Marketing Departments to ensure that the museum’s membership policies, procedures and marketing strategies are implemented across multiple channels. Responsible for supervising two staff members who assist SAM Members onsite and through the customer service center.
Seattle Art Museum is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Membership and Annual Giving
1. Work closely with the Director of Membership and Annual Giving to develop and implement SAM’s on-site membership strategy for all three locations including promotions, member services, staff training and incentive program.
2. Directly manage the Onsite Membership and Customer Service Center Membership Leads.
3. Oversee the management of the cross-department Customer Service Center, working closely with the Admissions Department to ensure superior service over the phone, web and email. Be able to independently resolve, as well as assist other frontline staff, with complex membership customer service issues as they arise.
4. Responsible for ensuring that SAM’s Membership policies and procedures are handled correctly and accurately onsite and through the Customer Service Center
5. Train Admissions, Customer Service Center, and SAM Shop staff in all aspects of membership sales.
6. Responsible for accurately tracking and reporting on daily onsite membership sales, staff initiated sales program and exhibition reports.
7. Work closely with the Director of Membership and Annual Giving on the museum’s Gift Membership Campaign including onsite, digital, website, print and email strategies.
8. Develop and implement all General and Premier level member events, including production of printed materials, managing event logistics, and event budgets.
9. Collaborate with SAM Fund and Membership Coordinator and Marketing Department on all digital member communications.
10. Work with the Donor Services team to ensure that all incoming membership documentation is correct and resolve any issues or questions that arise during processing.
11. Coordinate all onsite membership materials, signage, and other promotional collateral. Track inventory, assist with rebranding, and initiate reprinting of materials as needed.
12. Participate in the Museum’s Accessibility and Customer Service Task Teams.
13. Work occasional evenings and weekends in order to staff Membership Department and Development Department events.
14. Conform to the code of ethics governing the museum profession. Represent the museum with a high level of integrity and professionalism. Adhere to SAM policies and support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts, marketing, arts or business administration, or equivalent related experience.
2. Minimum of two years of experience working in a customer-oriented environment.
3. Two years of experience in membership/development, including strong event planning.
4. Experience supervising staff and volunteers.
5. Outgoing personality and exceptional social skills.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and to project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
7. Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and other software programs. Accurate typing/keyboarding with excellent word processing and data entry skills. General computer knowledge and good math skills.
8. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Tessitura databases a plus.
9. Able to work independently and in a team setting; ability to self-motivate.
10. Ability to work well under pressure and to coordinate and implement multiple tasks simultaneously.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
12. Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
13. Ability to assess priorities, manage time, problem-solve, and analyze situations and issues.
14. Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with Board members, donors, co-workers, vendors, volunteers and the public.
15. Ability to adhere to SAM policies and to support management decisions in a positive, professional manner.
The Seattle Art Museum will consider reasonable accommodations for those applicants with disabilities who may need a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions/duties. Please contact the Human Resources Department for additional information.
TO APPLY: Please visit http://visitsam.org/careers for specific instructions on how to submit SAM employment application, cover letter and resume.
Deadline: June 12, 2019