Position Title: Guidanz Business Analyst
* Provides support and assistance to technology team serving as a liaison between business and technology to translate application defects into workable solutions.
* Assists in the preparation of the testing strategy and testing the execution plan.
* Works on quality assurance for new releases of a service software application that is being developed in house:
o Creates and maintains test plans
o Conducts unit and system testing
o Maintains test results documentation
* Assists in identifying and implementing defect resolutions.
* Gathers, analyzes, and documents current practices, workflows, and business needs to identify efficiencies, alternatives, and gaps.
* Assists with problem analysis.
* A degree is not required for this position the manager is more concerned with someone having the applicable experience relevant to this role. With this said though, please keep in mind that if the selected candidate were to be able to be considered for a full-time position with Cummins in this capacity that a Bachelors’ Degree would be required in order to be hired on full-time.
* Manager is seeking candidates whom have an IT based background a strong practicing knowledge in.
* Manager is looking for someone whom can jump right in to this role. He needs someone whom isn’t afraid to get their “hands dirty” or “get in to the weeds” on work and/or issues that need to be resolved.
* The platform this candidate will be working on is Salesforce specifically “Sales force Lightning”. Obviously it would be extremely beneficial for candidates to have experience in this application.
Supporting Comments aka, additional information from the manager:
* Our BA resource requirements is for local bright individuals, detail oriented, quick learners and have good software testing skills. This is for current release support quality assurance validation for development of a service support software application. This program follows agile project methodology so there is continued repetitive testing cycles of small functionality groupings in addition to end to end full system testing. Application is the new Cummins Service System called Guidanz. Resources reports into the Guidanz Business Program team.
* Working hours for this position are Monday Friday with 8 hours that need to be put in each day. While the core working hours for this team are 8:00/8:30 AM 5:00/5:30 PM, there is some flexibility that can be afforded on the start/end times for this position. At this time the manager is not anticipating this individual to work any overtime.
* When the manager for this request is ready to interview, if the candidates are local, he’d like them to come in to meet with him in person. If someone is not local, the manager shared that a phone screen can be accommodated for the first round of interviewing. Before an offer is extended, a candidate must be able to meet with the manager in person before that hiring decision is made.