Kforce has a client in search of an Electrical Controls Engineering Manager in Tucson, Arizona (AZ).
This Controls Engineering Manager takes technical leadership role towards the development of automated manufacturing systems for Automation. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the electrical engineering and software design of control systems on automation equipment specific to customer and project requirements.
The Engineering Manager serves as the point of contact for the customer through the design, build, assembly, debug and installation of the equipment. The candidate mentors and leads the design team to achieve customer satisfaction through quality, schedule, and relationships.
* Designs and develops control systems and software programs specific to customer and project requirements based on standard programming methods when applicable
* Performs engineering calculations with respect to power consumption, current capacity, shielding, signal integrity, risk assessment, etc., as related to automation machinery designs
* Formulates and produces a complete electrical design package which includes detailed schematics, cable routing diagrams, panel layouts, bills of materials, and material requisition forms, based on Automation standard specifications and the customer’s requirements
* Selects and integrates hardware and software components such as robots, grippers, load cells, motion controllers, sensors, vision systems and lasers
* Debugs and commissions software programs at Automation during systems integration phase and then at the Customer’s site during installation
* Travels as required to Customer and supplier sites to perform installation, commissioning, and training tasks
* Gives technical direction to Machine Builders and Electrical Technicians as needed
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field or equivalent, specializing in Controls Systems Design or Software Engineering
* MSEE degree is a plus
* Over 10+ plus years’ experience writing software and electrical design for automation systems
* Extensive experience managing a team relating to industrial automation and assembly equipment
* Superior organizational skills
* Strong customer relation skills
* At least previous experience creating new PLC and HMI programs; Studio 5000, FT View Studio preferred
* Previous experience developing system electrical schematics using AutoCAD Electrical
* Demonstrated success functioning as a controls design engineer on multiple automation projects
* Ability to develop Cognex or Keyence vision applications is a plus
* Robot experience, preferably Staubli, KUKA or ABB is a plus
* Demonstrated success in working with aggressive deadlines
* Ability to cross international borders (Passport required)
* Must be able to travel 15% of the time
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.