The position provides support for Technical Services, Manufacturing, Graphics Department, Project Management Department, Quality Department and ultimately our Customers.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
· Develop, configure and optimize our printing and finishing processes from inception through documentation.
· Analyze and asses existing processes by taking measurements, collecting relevant data and interpreting them with the team.
· Develop and validate best practice.
· Document best practice through videos, single point lessons, etc.
· Train team members against best practice in concise class-room sessions and on the job.
· Verify efficiency of training through short tests and ongoing capability testing on the job.
· Document who had been trained on what and when. Have trainees sign that they participated in the training and understood the training.
· Assist the VP Technology in assessing current equipment for safety, ease of operation, functionality, maintenance-friendliness and cost.
· Assist the VP of Technology to come up with optimized specifications for future equipment purchases.
· This position focusses on improving our printing and finishing processes.
· Increasing the skill set of our workforce so they are in control of the process at any time.
· It will help creating safer, more efficient and more sustainable processes and optimize our equipment.
· It will ultimately help maximizing profitability by lowering cost, increasing machine up-time and reducing material waste.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform above mentioned duties satisfactorily.
· The ability to work in teams and good interpersonal skills are a prerequisite.
· Excellent communication and documentation skills.
· No fear of being hands on, flexible work hours.
· Technical understanding of drawings, troubleshooting skills and conceptual thinking ability are key requirements.
Education & technical competencies:
· High School education or GED required.
· B.S. or M.S. in the technical, engineering or packaging field.
· 10+ years of job experience can be substituted for college education.
· MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
· AutoCAD knowledge a plus but not a must.