Regeneron offers free shuttle to and from METRO NORTH, RELOCATION is offered, plus many other amenities.
Position Summary Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a patent attorney at the Associate Director level to assist with the development of strategies for expanding Regeneron’s intellectual property protection around key molecules, platforms and other technologies to ensure Regeneron’s long-term competitive advantage. The patent attorney will also assist in providing IP transactional support in partnership with colleagues and clients in R&D, clinical, regulatory, legal, business and alliance management departments at Regeneron.
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye diseases, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, neuromuscular diseases, infectious diseases and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
• Conducting strategic IP due diligence, including the portfolios of competitors and potential collaborators;
• Identifying opportunities for expanding Regeneron’s IP position and working with members of various business, legal, scientific and administrative groups within Regeneron to take advantage of such opportunities;
• Providing IP transactional support for a wide variety of business transactions, including research collaboration and licensing agreements, clinical agreements, master services agreements, clinical trial agreements, MTAs, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, and confidentiality agreements; and
• Monitoring internal and external developments around key molecules, platforms and other technologies to provide IP strategic support for early stage collaborations after execution.
Education and Experience:
• Juris Doctorate and admitted to practice in at least one state, New York preferred.
• At least 4 years of top-tier IP law firm experience; additional in-house experience, a plus.
• Ph.D. in life sciences field required, immunology a plus.
• Registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
• Ideal candidate will have a broad range of patent-related legal expertise including patent preparation and prosecution, IP due diligence, litigation, licensing and strategic counseling.
• Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, interpersonal, writing and conflict resolution.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and clients at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to meet aggressive deadlines, handle multiple complex legal matters and see projects through to conclusion.
• Strong knowledge of IP law required.
• Experience working in biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
• Experience with contracts involving intellectual property.
• High level of business acumen.
Supporting Statement: The IP Portfolio Development group within the Regeneron Law Department is focused on developing strategies to strengthen Regeneron’s IP position through a deep understanding of Regeneron internal and relevant external molecules, platforms and technologies. In partnership with multiple groups within Regeneron, it identifies opportunities to enhance Regeneron’s strategic IP position, advises internal clients to license or otherwise form strategic collaborations, facilitates execution of agreements and provides IP transactional support after execution.
The current request is for a junior-level attorney to report to the Executive Director, Assistant General Counsel, IP Portfolio Development.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron’s unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.