At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click ‘Apply’, you will need to click on ‘Create Account’. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
WFS is seeking a strong corporate attorney for a growing global Fortune 100 company.
This position will provide legal support in all stages of corporate transactions, including the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of the company’s business activities.
• Performing corporate governance legal research and analysis of state, federal and international corporate and securities laws, drafting memoranda, and providing legal counsel to directors and officers.
•Working closely with senior business leaders throughout the organization on a wide variety of domestic and foreign subsidiary-related issues, including subsidiary board meetings, as well as drafting materials for Board and Committee meetings including agendas, resolutions, consents, committee reports, executive summaries and official minutes for Board and Committee meetings.
•Ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, such as making subsidiary corporate filings, including annual reports, foreign qualifications, dissolutions and withdrawals.
•Overseeing the formation of new entities and the mergers or conversions of existing entities; tracking existing entities.
• Assisting in preparing and reviewing SEC and NYSE filings, such as ‘34 Act reports and Section 16 filings.
• Preparing and organizing documents for and assist in closing corporate and commercial transactions, such as financings and acquisitions.
•Working with the Company’s finance group on a wide variety of financing transactions, including credit and lending facilities, letters of credit, bank guarantees, cash management agreements and intra-company financing arrangements.
• Collaboration on or completion of projects that may be assigned from time to time to support the Legal team and/or Company business needs.
- J.D. and admission to at least one U.S. State Bar; and excellent academic credentials.
- 3 to 5 years experience out of law school required, in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional drafting, analytical, proof-reading and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and have the flexibility to assist team in meeting client demands on accelerated schedules.
- At ease working in a multicultural environment and able to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization including directors, senior management and functional leaders.
- Ability to work independently, plan and take initiative to accomplish objectives in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Must be a team player while effectively and efficiently using company resources.
- Ability to work with high level of discretion and confidentiality.