As the Assistant General Counsel – Litigation, you will support litigation and other corporate matters, including IP and contract negotiations. You’ll also work closely with our accounting and business teams.
- Assist with a diverse range of pre-litigation, litigation and regulatory matters.
- You’ll partner with business owners to provide strategic and dedicated legal advice.
- Address and resolve potential disputes, while mitigating risk and supporting business objectives.
- Engage in various aspects of the litigation process, including:
- Review and assess cases at onset and provide exposure analysis.
- Assist in directing and developing litigation strategy.
- Internal discovery and fact gathering efforts.
- Review, revise and be the ultimate owner for legal filings in assigned matters.
- Respond to subpoenas and investigations.
- You’ll direct outside counsel to successfully and cost-effectively resolve disputes.
- Assist with other legal areas, including negotiation and drafting of complex contracts, financing documents, and other matters.
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a variety of contracts, including procurement, software licensing, lead generation, and other agreements.
Experience & Education:
- JD Degree
- Current, active law license
- 3-5 years experience in litigation at mid- to large firm, in-house, or a combination thereof. Trademark experience is a plus.
- Track record of bringing disputes to successful resolution.
- Superb discernment, ability to assess risk and set strategy.
- Ability to provide pragmatic, business focused advice and to properly balance risks and business reward.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and partnership skills.
- You are organized, detailed, inventive and flexible.
- Able to balance numerous short-term and long-term responsibilities, with shifting prioritization.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills and experience advising business partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.