Upgrade is a consumer credit platform that is changing how people think about credit. We use technology to innovate and create responsible and affordable credit products that help our customers understand and manage their credit better.
Our founding team pioneered online lending over a decade ago and launched Upgrade in 2016 using their experience and the latest available technology to make credit more transparent and affordable. While Upgrade is very well funded with $142 million in equity capital, we’re still in the early days and you have a great opportunity to make your individual impact towards our collective mission.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal.
We are looking for new team members who are excited about creating, designing and implementing new and better solutions to join a team of just over 300 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people’s lives.
Upgrade is seeking an experienced transactional finance/capital markets attorney to join our growing legal team in San Francisco, CA.
The Associate General Counsel, Capital Markets will work closely with Upgrade’s investor team in San Francisco and structured products team in New York in connection with a variety of capital markets transactions, including whole loan sales, warehouse loan facilities, asset-backed securities issuances and other forms of creative financing structures.
- Evaluate potential transactions (securitizations, pass-through securities, whole loan sales, JVs, etc.) from a legal perspective and guide Upgrade’s investor and structured products teams from deal inception to execution and maintenance.
- Draft, edit, and negotiate a variety of financing agreements, including whole loan purchase and servicing agreements, loan agreements and securitization documents. Support Upgrade’s operations teams in analyzing and complying with contractual obligations.
- Guide the development of new products, features and strategic partnerships from a capital markets perspective, with an eye to ultimate funding strategies.
- Minimum of 7 years of transactional finance/capital markets experience at an established law firm and/or in house.
- Must be a member in good standing of the State Bar of California or state of residence.
- Experience with structured financing transactions including asset-backed securities (ABS), warehouse financing, and/or other innovative forms of financing; prior experience in specialty finance or marketplace lending a big plus. Ability to leverage prior experience in creating innovative transaction structures or features.
- Hands-on, self-starting attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Interested in taking an active role in helping to build a great company from its early stages.
- Great OPEN office location!
- Conveniently located in San Francisco Financial District.
- Close to BART and Public Transportation.
- Comprehensive benefits package: Medical, dental, & visionUnlimited vacation policy.
- Kitchen stocked with beverages, snacks & treats.
- Periodic social gatherings / happy hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.