We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
We are looking for an experienced litigation attorney to join our Litigation Center of Excellence group. This position will report to the Associate General Counsel (Litigation, Labor & Employment) and will be part of a small and energetic team with a focus on strategic management of litigation and pre-litigation disputes, while both mitigating risk and supporting business objectives. This attorney will have specific experience with commercial litigation in the energy industry: complex business disputes, construction disputes, shareholder suits, toxic torts, incident response, personal injury, and more.
- Responsible for actively managing all phases of claims and high-profile, enterprise-impact pre-litigation disputes and litigation (not just passively supervising outside counsel), primarily in the areas of commercial disputes, negligence and tort law (including some personal injury) both individually and as part of a team. Claims are primarily in US, some in Canada. Includes development of litigation strategy and budgets; working with outside counsel on ediscovery, written and oral discovery, motion practice, engaging in dispute resolution, arbitration, mediation and settlement of cases and claims. Work collaboratively with other counsel to assist in large, complex litigation matters and to encourage litigation best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Recommending, selecting and managing external counsel based on most cost-effective approach, internal and external conflicts.
- Work closely with internal business clients, accounting, risk management, insurance, and outside law firms to effectively manage litigation results and implement cost controls.
- Assist with internal reporting, tracking and budgeting of litigated matters.
- Assist with financial reporting, loss contingency reserves, and reporting to the Company’s external auditors.
- Participate in special projects where the experience, ability or expertise of the attorney merits involvement.
- 4-7 years’ experience as an Attorney licensed in the US, preferably with private practice and at least 2-3 years’ in-house experience specializing in the area of U.S. commercial litigation.
- J.D. degree from accredited law school, and admission to Texas bar or eligibility to practice in-house in Texas.
- Collaborative, analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, negotiation and legal reasoning skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with others in a diverse and dynamic enterprise and coordinate a variety of internal and external activities having legal significance to the Company.
- Ability to manage issues and workload independently with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in liquids, gas pipelines industry is a plus.
- Experience in the areas of labor and employment litigation is a plus.
- Canadian litigation management experience is a plus.
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https: careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting careersenbridge.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.