At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Manages defensive litigation matters for the Wells Fargo Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI) and Consumer Lending businesses. The position will directly manage a consumer lending caseload and work with a team of legal team members on a larger group of consumer lending cases. Retains and manages outside counsel as needed. Conducts research on matters pertaining to various aspects of the Corporation’s operations. Represents the Corporation in negotiations and settlements with outside parties, their counsel, or governmental agencies. Provides legal advice on matters for personnel in operating or staff department, usually on issues where the law and related case materials are defined and documented. May support the work of more senior counsel and may consult with more senior counsel as circumstances dictate.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior consumer lending litigation experience related to Deposit Products, Credit Cards, Auto Financing, Merchant Services, Educational Lending and/or Personal Lines and loans
- Class Action or litigation management experience is preferred
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.