This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing technology companies in Boston as a Counsel. This role will allow you to be exposed to various parts of the business as we continue to scale the Company and the Legal Department and is a great opportunity to help you continue to learn and develop your skill set.
We are looking for someone with great attention to detail and reliability who is customer centric and passionate about making a difference. We are looking for someone who enjoys learning new things, works hard, is a self-starter, self-motivated and is able to think independently. The right candidate will be a team player, able to work across different departments and different management levels and focussed on solving business and legal problems.
- You will be joining a small and dynamic legal team.
- You will develop and maintain a solid working knowledge of the business through close involvement with sales personnel and other constituents throughout the organization, including marketing, partnerships, product, and engineering.
- You will advise internal clients with respect to a wide variety of business issues and legal matters pertaining to contracts and licensing.
- You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating customer contracts, reseller, cloud subscription, support, professional services, non-disclosure, and data licensing agreements, as well as commercial contract terms and conditions relating to data protection.
- You will help to develop and maintain the organizations’ compliance program, including helping to draft and implement policies and processes.
- You will help keep active and open communication with other departments at the company to support business needs and requests.
- You will serve as point of contact for customers and vendors on contractual matters.
- You will maintain files and records of all contracts and legal documents.
- You will help us build a dynamic global company.
- Team player with great attention to detail and proven ability to manage many, competing priorities simultaneously.
- 1-3+ years’ legal experience, including contract negotiation skills
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice in Massachusetts
- Ability and willingness to work hard to support the business
- In-house experience, preferably at a technology company (experience at a law firm or in SaaS helpful, but not required)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and writing skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience reviewing and negotiating non-disclosure agreements, commercial contracts and vendor agreements
- A keen interest in all types of technology and an interest and curiosity in incorporating new tools and processes to increase efficiency and productivity within the department and company