Working at First Merchants is more than a job. We’re a community bank with local roots and we care about our customers and our employees. When you join our team, you participate in our mission to build financial solutions, provide sound advice and products, and deliver exceptional service. Our focus on building individual career development plans and providing robust learning and development programs are additional reasons to join the First Merchants team. If you’re ready to join a local organization that is a leader in the community, take a look at our exciting opportunities. First Merchants is a growing company with new career possibilities forming every day. As a Customer Service Representative you will enjoy competitive pay, performance bonuses and the benefit of working in a supportive team environment. This position allows you to be a valued part of our Retail Banking Team while interacting with our clients and offering beneficial financial services. As a Customer Service Representative you will: Proactively build rapport with clients by engaging them in conversations. Ask questions to identify clients’ financial needs and goals. Consult clients on building a more secure financial future by matching individual needs to First Merchants’ products and services. Call on existing clients to discuss financial standing and opportunities. Easily shift priorities from completing transactions on the teller line to having quality client conversations at the banker desk. Complete client transactions accurately according to established policies and procedures. Ensure proper documentation is completed when opening and servicing accounts. Ensure accurate balancing of cash drawer. First Merchants offers a competitive compensation and benefits plan. As a member of our team you will enjoy: Health, Dental and Vision insurance options Individual and team performance bonuses Tuition assistance (up to 75% of tuition + 50% of books) Paid training Advancement opportunities 401(k) with company match Employee Stock Purchase Plan Paid time off Paid holidays Free ‘First Preferred’ checking account
Execute on individual and team sales and service metrics to help the banking center achieve the strategic and tactical goals of the company. Responsible for providing high quality customer service by accurately completing bank transactions and opening deposit accounts and processing loan applications while identifying and recommending products and services to meet the current and future financial needs of bank customers. Deliver upon a meaningful customer service experience while exceeding personal production goals.
Direct Management Received:
Under the general management of the Banking Center Manager or Banking Center Customer Service Manager, depending on work location
Direct Management Exercised:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide high quality customer service on a wide variety of general banking matters within the banking center.
2. Perform Service Associate duties as needed.
3. Be highly responsive to customer requests of everyday monetary transactions, i.e. process deposits, loan payments, cash checks, night deposits, change orders, cashier’s checks and money orders.
4. Assess customer’s financial position to identify additional relationship opportunities.
5. Process non-monetary requests for customers i.e. approve checks for cashing; accept and process stop payment orders, order debit cards, complete address changes and process check orders
6. Resolve customer inquiries, problems and complaints with scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide solutions to customers for current financial needs.
7. Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to build customer loyalty and create customer advocates.
8. Provide assistance with maintaining customer records and accounts.
9. Actively participate in leading the sales and service activities at the Banking Center.
10. Meet or exceed established individual and team sales goals to help the Banking Center achieve scorecard goals.
11. Effectively use the consumer and business guided conversation to assess the customer’s current and future financial situation to identify and recommend additional products to deepen client relationship.
12. Engage customers through teleconsulting activities including but not limited to call blocks and call nights to drive attainment of individual and team sales goals assigned to the Banking Center.
13. Fully engage in the sales management process including, but not limited to daily huddles, weekly sales meetings, touch bases and coaching sessions.
14. Utilize customer relationship management tool (CRM) and other sales tools to record, track and maintain sales records for the incentive plan.
15. Train, coach, and guide staff with operational and sales skills.
16. Recognize and solicit new business opportunities; sell all bank products and services; make customer calls as required.
1. Open new accounts and process loan applications for new and existing clients.
2. Utilize kiosk to provide education and help customers enroll in electronic banking products and services during account opening.
3. Be knowledgeable of all bank products and support the whole bank by making partner referrals as appropriate for merchant services, treasury management, mortgages and investments.
4. Complete all new account onboarding calls and activities in a timely fashion.
17. Assist in banking center operations and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
18. Assist the banking center manager with general administration and operational aspects of the banking center including items such as audits and branch balancing to ensure efficiency.
19. Assist associates with problem resolutions and procedure inquiries.
20. Adhere to and participate in completing the branch daily security checklist.
21. Monitor and resolve deposit and loan exceptions in a timely fashion.
22. Comply with information security and customer and business verification policies and procedures.
23. Attend and/or complete applicable and required training sessions.
24. Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), OFAC, CIP, EDD, etc.
25. High performing CSR’s may serve as a Banking Center Mentor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions with the company require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly attitude, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance. Core competencies have been identified as relevant to every position within the company and include: Ethics and Integrity, Listening, Business Acumen, Customer Focus, Approachable and Savvy, Action Oriented, Managing Time & Priorities, Work/Life Balance, Composure & Patience, Drive for Results, Self Development & Knowledge, Dealing with Change, Decision Quality, and Informing.
Identify sales and referral opportunities to deepen and retain client relationships.
Achieve 100% of monthly individual sales/referral POINTS goal assigned in Connections.
Utilize the Guided Conversation in the HUB to conduct a needs based conversation with each client to uncover needs and recommend solutions.
Remain current on all changes related to products, services and tools to support the sales/referral process.
Utilize Connections and the HUB to increase performance and maintain accurate customer records. All recommendations and referrals are tracked appropriately through Connections and client conversations are accurately captured in the Guided Conversation/ Log-A-Call.
Achieve a quarterly individual cross-sell goal.
Achieve a quarterly banking center net new goal.
Participate in banking center consumer and business lending by completing a minimum of one loan per month.
Actively contribute to the banking center achieving Investment appointment, mortgage referral, business banking referral and First Direct goals.
Actively participate in morning huddles, weekly sales meetings, and partnership meetings.
Actively participates in banking center call events i.e. call blocks, call nights, etc