Customer Service Representative-Wholesale
Harbor Sweets was founded in 1973 as a hobby to make the best chocolates in the world. Harbor Sweets has grown into one of New England’s most celebrated companies retaining its authenticity with timeless handmade chocolates that are sold through mail order, website and gift and gourmet stores throughout the United States. We have an immediate need for a customer service representative who is poised to serve as the primary contact and liaison for Harbor Sweets wholesale and custom customers. You will be responsible for day-to-day processing of all orders to meet the Harbor Sweets customer service guidelines. Our team is committed to hard work and a positive environment. The position reports directly to Customer Service Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Handles incoming and outbound customer phone and email inquiries
· Formulates and maintains a list of wholesale and custom accounts
· Organizes and executes wholesale mailings
· Initiates contact with existing and potential wholesale and custom customers to assess their needs and build sales
· Generates sales leads
· Utilize Salesforce to organize prospects, leads and subsequent communications with same
· Responsible for the timely entry and processing of wholesale orders to meet the Harbor Sweets customer service guidelines
· Printing, organizing and verifying accuracy of orders prior to shipping
· Resolve customer service issues through phone or email in a timely manner (same day or within 24 hrs.)
· Responsible for wholesale customer invoicing/billing and other customer invoicing/billing as needed
· Responsible for timely collections of unpaid invoices from customers primarily by phone
· Provides support and assistance to Wholesale and Custom Marketing Manager and other management as needed
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related area.
· Prior experience in a customer service or order fulfillment preferred.
· Mail order industry experience a plus.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
· Proactive problem solver with the ability to develop innovative solutions
· Demonstrated ability to work with numbers
· Ability to work independently and adjust to changes in priorities and workflow requirements
· Exceptional judgement and decision making skills
· Proficiency with order entry and Microsoft Office applications.
What we offer:
· Medical, dental, matching IRA savings plan, paid time off and product discounts
· An opportunity to grow in a supportive environment