ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Client Relationship Manager
What will I be doing?
As a Client Relationship Manager at ProQuest, you’ll be part of a global team that delivers world-class customer service and helps clients to identify solutions that add value to their collections and patron offerings. You’ll assist clients with account renewals, conduct “check-in” calls, and work with large consortia on multi-year licenses. You’ll collaborate with Sales Specialists and Account Managers to help drive revenue growth and procure repeat business.
This is a growing team and we are searching for a professional sales person who can be proactive in their outreach to clients, has excellent communication skills, and can think strategically about client relationships. At ProQuest, clients are our number one priority. If you’re ready to harvest the fruits of your labor and see the positive impact of your contributions, keep reading!
In this position, you will also…
• Nurture account retention and portfolios.
• Proactively engage with clients to gain insight, communicate new and improved product functionality.
• Identify opportunities and foster add-ons and upselling.
• Conduct usage analysis, research, negotiation, and other activities that increase and solidify customer loyalty to ProQuest.
• Handle all renewal order management through Order Cloud and customer portals.
• Collaborate with internal teams such as Product Management, Customer Experience and Service, and Implementation.
• Act as an advocate for both the client and ProQuest to ensure expedient and appropriate resolutions.
• Execute regular account reviews, including contract status, product migration and cross-sell/upsell opportunity, account penetration, and issue review.
• Provide updated and regular status reports to Account Managers and CRM/Sales Directors.
• Identify and pursues new business opportunities with existing clients in conjunction with Product Specialist and/or Account Manager’s efforts.
Reasons you should apply…
1. You’re motivated by a drive to succeed and the resulting financial incentives.
2. You see each client interaction as an opportunity to help them discover new ways to deliver services to their patrons.
3. This is a great opportunity to grow your sales knowledge in a stable but challenging environment.
This job may not be a fit if…
1. Collaboration isn’t your thing…. You like being a “lone-wolf” and working as a team just slows you down.
2. You’re uncomfortable with client interaction and communicating with clients in a variety of formats (digital, phone, face to face).
3. You’re not computer savvy and learning a new software is a daunting task for you.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Associates’ degree or higher, plus at least 5 years’ related experience in sales or customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Understanding of consultative selling and strategic account management.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
• Strong multi-tasking, organizational and prioritization skills, with ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
• Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com and other programs relevant to the role.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Fluency in languages needed in region other than English.
• Strong working knowledge of SalesForce.com.
• Experience with government libraries
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning.
• We hold fun on-site events.
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative.
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is located in the Ann Arbor corporate office.
• Occasional travel is required (Global Sales Conference, occasional customer visits), less than 15% travel is required.
• This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you enjoy working on a fun team with talented professionals, please consider joining our talented team!!