Job Title: Sales Coordinator, Education, Programs and Outreach
Department: Education Programs & Outreach (“EPO”)
Reports to: Senior Director of Education and Programs
Do you have a passion for connecting people to local culture with a commitment to best-in-class customer service? Then, consider joining the DHS team as our new Sales Coordinator for the Education, Programs and Outreach Department (EP0).
As the EPO Sales Coordinator you will be responsible for both Educational and Public Program tour sales. You will connect with existing and potential customers on tour and program offerings to explain, promote and schedule tours and/or Programing events. Helping customers in pre-event preparation, day-of expectations and payment processing. In addition to direct sales, this position will assist in the development of marketing strategies and identifying revenue growth opportunities. Lastly, this person may be called upon to assist in greeting tours upon their arrival at a DHS museum or assisting a public program. All responsibilities should be performed with an organized effort, great attention to detail, a passion for superb customer service and a desire to increase revenue.
This is an hourly part-time position, requiring a minimum 20 hour and a maximum 29 hour weekly commitment.
· Oversee school and group tour booking as well as special public programs tours
Work diligently to meet sales goals
· Serve as the main source of internal communication regarding the logistics of tour operations, while working with entire EPO team to implement and fulfill requests
Prepares weekly and monthly reports
Understand and promote museum tour products
Maintain accurate customer records
Establish a warm and friendly relationship with customers in person, via phone and e-mail
Be knowledgeable of all aspects of the tour and properly answer customer inquiries
Assist customers in booking tours
Support EPO team in resolving issues that invariably arise with tour group logistics, tour coordination, large group booking and tour rescheduling
Compose and forward related correspondence to customers regarding their tour
Process deposits and balance of payment from customers, where appropriate
· Maintain a secure physical and digital environment for financial transactions.
Manage reservations through DHS’s online booking engine (once configured and launched)
· Stay up to date on events and schedules of Detroit Historical Society activities and programs
Generate leads specifically related to school and group tour product offerings
· Assists EPO managers with the logistics of servicing tour groups, while present, in the museum, working in conjunction with facilities, visitor services, and volunteer offices as well as other units, as appropriate
· Duties as assigned
· At least one year working in customer service and sales, preferably in a museum or cultural institution
· Proficient computer skills including Office 365 (Word and Excel) and Google Suite
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Goal oriented
· Familiarity with CRM system or non-profit database, specifically Blackbaud Altru is preferred but not required
· Values the maintenance of a professional appearance
· Must be cheerful, team-spirited, organized, detail-oriented and efficient, while remaining flexible in an ever-evolving work environment.
Please send resume and cover to the Human Resources Department at [email protected] no later than Friday, July 12, 2019. Please, no phone calls.