At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision, values & goals of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Attorney serves as a legal advisor to businesses within Wells Fargo Securities and Wells Fargo Bank. Duties include (i) providing substantive legal advice on a variety of laws and regulations relative to the Wells Fargo capital markets platform as well as corporate and investment banking activities, including lending activities (both syndicated and bilateral loans to middle market and large cap borrowers whether investment grade or non-investment grade) and related secondary trading activities; (ii) working directly with business clients and developing an in-depth understanding of business unit activities and products; (iii) identifying and analyzing complex legal issues, developing conclusions and making recommendations for issue resolution; (iv) reviewing, drafting and negotiating complex legal documents; (v) reviewing and negotiating transaction documents prepared by outside counsel; (vi) assisting with internal and external examinations and
investigations; and (vii) following and ensuring consistent application of Legal Department policies and procedures to manage Wells Fargo legal matters, outside counsel and legal expenses.
- 5+ years of legal experience with a major law firm, securities regulatory agency or in-house law department; including 3+ years of representing firms in capital markets and investment banking activities
- Active State Bar membership
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3 years of loan origination experience preferably including syndicated transactions
- Experience with securities origination transactions would be helpful
- An understanding of secondary trading issues would be helpful
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St – Charlotte, NC
IL-Chicago: 10 S Wacker Drive – Chicago, IL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.