- Provide high-quality, practical legal support for US HR/employment matters within assigned Takeda functions, including management of agency/administrative charges and pre-litigation disputes. Provide advice and support to HR on a wide range of day-to-day issues including performance/conduct management, discipline and terminations, leaves of absence, disability, benefits and immigration in fast-paced environment.
- Provide day-today advice to HR on a broad range of employment issues including performance and conduct management, terminations and discipline, wage and hour, immigration, benefits, leave of absence and disability, independent contractors and restrictive covenants.
- Support pre-litigation disputes with attorneys representing current and former employees. Partner with HR and outside counsel to gather information and develop Takeda’s strategic legal position. Provide support to agency administrative charges as well as employment litigation.
- Collaborate with various HR clients to support the development and maintenance of employment agreements, policies, templates and processes aimed at most effectively managing legal risks.
- Provide support to HR (and Compliance) on investigations related to people, conduct and performance, providing guidance and legal advice on process to ensure appropriate handling.
- Provide support for various projects and initiatives assigned by Head Counsel, US
Employment, including support for divestments, integrations and reorganizations.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS:
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- High academic achievement in the study of law
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state in the US
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in management-side labor/employment law, including law firm experience. In-house experience preferred.
- Experience advising corporate HR clients on employment/HR matters.
- Experience representing clients in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry a plus.
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Trusted legal partner.
- Demonstrated ability as a strategic, enterprise-minded, influential advisor.
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Must have ability to work independently, but also must be a very selfless and effective team player.
- Adherence to highest ethical standards required.
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Must be comfortable working in a constantly-changing, fluid environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create authentic working relationships.
- Must have top-notch written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and effectively to non-lawyers.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Must be a business-minded lawyer who is responsive to client needs but also brings a clear, pragmatic sensibility and sound judgment to every task.
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Handle abstract and complex issues that sometimes span several functional areas.
- Must have ability to craft pragmatic, fit-for-purpose solutions to legal issues.
- Must be committed to learning as much as possible about the business.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- US employment law specialist with at least 5 years experience in management-side labor/employment law.
- Law firm experience required. In-house experience preferred.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law – https: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs…
EEO is the Law – Supplement – https: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs…
Pay Transparency Policy – https: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/…
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Job ID SR0037012