Anaplan is seeking an attorney interested in joining our rapidly-growing, dynamic legal team [as corporate counsel focused on supporting privacy and procurement matters]. We are seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented attorney who will counsel internal business partners with practical, and reliable advice. You will be engaged with current privacy and procurement projects, in a global, SaaS environment. In this position you will play a key role in supporting the engineering, security, product, and procurement organizations at a high-growth, publicly-traded enterprise software company.
You should be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You should possess excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills to build trusted relationships both within and outside the department. To succeed in this role, you will need to possess and exemplify excellent business judgment and critical thinking; a high degree of accountability and a strong work ethic.
You will work closely with key internal partners on various legal matters relating to procurement, product marketing and development, and data privacy. The position will be based in either our Minneapolis or San Francisco office and will report to Anaplan’s Product and Privacy Counsel.
- Work with the Anaplan Procurement, Engineering and Product teams to negotiate and draft Anaplan’s agreements with partners and vendors, including privacy-related agreements and addenda;
- Assist in due diligence to ensure company and vendor compliance with internal policies, inbound/outbound agreements, security and government regulations and certifications;
- Provide support issues related to data privacy & security, marketing, competition, and other legal and regulatory issues (GDPR, FTC regulations, OFAC, HIPAA, etc);
- Assist in development and dissemination of policies and procedures involving data privacy and security, incident response, product release, intellectual property and related issues;
- Engage with each department’s team members at all levels, including security and compliance, business operations, product managers, and marketing;
- Review marketing materials and communications relating to products, engineering and events.
- Research international legal and regulatory developments, and contribute to the development and improvement of company policies, trainings, and best practices.
- 3+ years of experience in commercial transactions, procurement or privacy within a law firm and/or technology company
- Law degree from a highly-regarded school and ability to practice in California;
- Familiarity with privacy impact assessments, and DPAs;
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills;
- Experience working with software developers and product managers to guide compliance with corporate policies and procedures and resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding environment;
- Positive attitude, team-oriented and collaborative, and a passion for your work;
- Sense of humor a plus.