RTI is seeking an Associate Corporate Counsel who will manage the full life cycle of RTI’s software contracts, from the implementation stages coordinating across internal teams, through negotiation & redlining, and eventually closing deals with both our commercial and government clients. Ideally, this candidate would have familiarity with government contracts and an ability to ensure compliance with federal government regulations. In addition, you will also support our legal team by organizing all legal documents, tracking legal requests and leading legal organization projects. This requires excellent organization skills, superb attention to detail, and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
You will manage cross-functional teams in connection with closing customer deals for RTI, providing general support to the legal department, managing all legal administration duties as well as the contract life-cycle for all commercial and government contracts. Lastly, you will have regular interactions with the RTI Executive Team.
At RTI, we take on some of the world’s most exciting and hardest technology problems. Our software runs the largest power plants on the continent, helps hospitals monitor and care for patients, connects AI brains in autonomous cars, and safely guides airplanes with or without pilots. RTI truly makes the world run better in many ways!
Our diverse and global workforce believes in working hard and enjoying the journey. Our collaborative, transparent, and creative culture truly sets us apart from the rest. Employees are well recognized for their achievements, have opportunities for career growth and development, and are provided with the tools they need to succeed. We also offer great benefits and flexibility to make sure your life is as satisfying as your career.
Exciting challenges lie ahead—help us conquer fast growing markets and explore new technology as we expand! Guided by our core values, we’ll meet these challenges creatively to make a real difference for a better world.
- Assist with all aspects of contract management and review, including:
- Coordinating with sales & engineering teams to assess company’s goals with a particular opportunity
- Drafting, negotiating, and redlining agreements with our commercial & government clients.
- Ensuring each contract is proofed, finalized, sent for signature and properly filed.
- Review purchase orders with complex legal terms & assess risk to ensure maximum protection for RTI.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations to ensure RTI follows all applicable acquisition procedures.
- Review and redline NDAs and third party vendor contracts.
- Work with the Research team on Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) related contracts from pre-award forms completion, contract award legal review, drafting of subcontracts and compliance with any applicable government regulations.
- Manage corporate information database.
- Legal administrative support associated with:
- Corporate patent & trademark filings
- Assigning daily legal requests & ensuring they are resolved in a timely manner. Leading bi-weekly legal teams to ensure completion of long term legal requests.
- Proofreading and formatting legal forms and correspondence.
- Implementing and managing systems to file, organize, and archive legal documents and information.
- Act as liaison between the Legal team and both internal and external contacts.
- Act as point person for insurance related questions and obtain a general familiarity with RTI’s insurance coverage.
- JD & admission to the California bar or the ability to practice law in-house in California
- At least 1 year of relevant experience with a focus on contract drafting, preferably contracts related to technology licensing.
- Superb writing and editing skills.
- Self starting, proactive, driven candidate who can prioritize & manage multiple projects and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to coordinate across teams within the company including sales, engineering, and order processing teams to finalize deals.
- Proficiency with online legal resources (Westlaw, Practical Law, Pacer etc.)
- Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations and the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in the areas of document administration and organizational project management or legal operations.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and logical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor; able to use discretion and diplomacy when necessary.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus!