This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Member Services Representatives deliver excellent service to all members, guests and program participants, engaging members by having a general knowledge of memberships and all Y programs and services.
1. Provides excellent service to members, guests and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
2. Conducts interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
3. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
4. Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
5. Applies all YMCA policies to support member services.
6. May hand out locker keys, locks and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
7. Actively participates in department and branch staff meetings and/or related trainings.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Communication & Influence
1. At least 16 years of age
2. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
3. Previous customer service, sales or related experience
4. Basic knowledge of computers
5. Ability to work independently with attention to detail required
6. Complete before first shift: YMCA cause & culture training; membership-specific computer training
7. Complete within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse Prevention Training; BLS CPR; First Aid (provided by YMCA)
8. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of
the community and successful clearance of background check
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone.
The employee frequently is required to sit, stand and reach, and must move be able to move around the work environment.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions required.
Regular scheduled, on-site attendance required and may include evening or weekend work.
The YMCA of Greater Omaha is an Equal Opportunity Employer.