# Job Summary:
Energize your career and supercharge your future handling customer service calls for the gas and electric utility companies of MDU Resources Group, Inc. Our utility companies include Cascade Natural Gas Corporation, Great Plains Natural Gas, Intermountain Gas Company and Montana-Dakota Utilities, serving an 8-state region. We are currently looking for customer focused and dependable individuals interested in a full-time position in our Customer Service Center in Bismarck, ND. Typical hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Provides extraordinary customer service and case management to handle basic customer inquiries, including new service, changes to existing service, and credit and collection activities for one utility. Responsible for properly identifying, maintaining and protecting customer accounts and information. Generally works under immediate supervision and not typically required to exercise independent judgment.
# Minimum Qualifications:
Level I: High school diploma or GED equivalency. Basic knowledge of computer hardware, software and the internet. Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, including some intermediate functions. Must be able to consistently meet attendance standards.
Level II: Requires customer service skills and knowledge normally acquired through a two-year degree in business or related field or two years call center experience or four years of general customer service experience. Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalency, and knowledge and experience with Microsoft word, including system navigation skills. Requires demonstrated ability to meet customer service standards and consistently meet attendance standards.
# Key Skills & Competencies
* Proven attendance and punctuality record.
* Ability to view constructive feedback as an opportunity to grow.
* Strong keyboarding and computer navigation skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including spelling and grammar.
* Strong customer service skills and ability to maintain professional and courteous manner, while resolving issues with all types of customers.
* Ability to handle high pressure situations.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of Company data and customer records.
# Additional Requirements
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
* Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
* Subject to substance abuse testing program.
* Ability to work any established shift, which may include emergency coverage on evenings, weekends and holidays (rare).
* Adherence to utility group attendance guidelines, including no missed time during training.
* As required by ND state law, applicants are hereby notified that smoking is prohibited in and around MDU facilities and permissible only in designated areas.
# How To Apply
Apply online at jobs.mdu.com or fax completed application to 701-222-7821.
*Company:* Montana-Dakota Utilities Co.
*Department:* Customer Service
*Location:* Bismarck, ND
*Hiring Manager:* Teri R Sovak
*Closing Date:* 07/05/2019 at 11:59pm CDT
*Job Type:* Full-Time
*Entry Level:* $15.00/$15.00 /hour